We have celebrated the ending of 2020 and the bringing in of 2021. I think, in my lifetime, this transition has been one of the most uncertainty-filled transitions of a new year that I have witnessed. We are not certain about the transition of the presidency and the future of the USA; we are not certain about a successful vaccine for COVID-19; we are not certain about the new strands of COVID-19 showing up on the scene and what that will mean; we are not certain about the future of travel, gatherings, economy, and a myriad of other things. Still we welcome a new year and with a hope for new and better things for this year. It is a good time to stop and reflect. Reflect with me…
MY LIST OF NEW THINGS FOR 2021:
- A Year of Joy. Not a year of grumbling. Not a year of focusing on what could have been; what should have been; what I wish had been. A year of focusing on WHAT IS and the JOY I find in each day. Rejoicing always!
- A Year of Health. Refreshing old habits that I let slip. Revitalizing the exercise routine; tracking the calories; making the healthier choices more often; incorporating a better bedtime routine for better rest.
- A Year of Focus. Reminding myself of truths, promises, and routines that anchor me. Looking back at my writings in my journals; reading books I have read (and some new ones); listening to the thoughts of others that inspire and expand me.
- A Year of Courage. Taking challenges that I have not taken before. Stepping out of the comfortable and into new things. Spreading my wings and soaring. Soaring on the wings of the eagle: wings that are strong and light, free of worries and doubts.
- A Year of Love. Not returning evil for evil. Forgiving. Being generous and open. Guarding my words and my conversations. Believing the best of others. Being patient and kind at all times. Speaking the truth while encasing it in love and faith. Guard my thoughts and “presumptions”. Seeking out the way of LOVE in all situations.
Let 2021 be an AMAZING year for you! Be AMAZED and EXPECTANT at the NEW that will arise in this year and in your life. It’s time to focus on the LIGHT and not the darkness. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Here is a video to help you take 2 minutes to calm your mind and your body so you can reflect and hear your heart.